Job No: 1162
Job type: Full time
Location: Puerto Rico
The Tax Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all phases of ongoing projects and of the engagement management for multiple clients assigned to him/her. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing tax services engagements; developing and supervising seniors, semi seniors and staffs; and assisting in engagement management. This position plays an important role in managing technical issues with clients and should commit to industry specialization(s) to bring a greater level of knowledge and understanding to the client’s business.
Essential duties, responsibilities, and expectations:
- Supervises client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and managing to budget.
- Supervises, and trains, seniors, semi seniors, staffs and interns on tax services and assesses performance of the staffs on engagements.
- Works with tax team to identify and resolve client issues.
- Has the ability to research technical issues/problems and effectively document the actions taken resulting from such research.
- Maintains a good working relationship with clients to enhance client satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Proactively interacts with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Gains comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilizes that knowledge on engagements.
- Is responsible for overall engagement and other project management, including wrap-up of the tax engagements.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manages profitability by aiding in the development of realistic budgets to actual / real time and performing billings and collections activities on a timely manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary including preparation of certain projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting, CPA desired but not required.
- Five years of progressive public accounting experience with in-charge tax experience desirable.
- Ability to supervise and ability to lead/manage engagements/projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and engagement management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and tax related software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites, locally and abroad.
Kevane Grant Thornton is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected considerations made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Applications for this position are now closed