Human Resources Administrative and Benefits Assistant
Job No: 1163
Location: Puerto Rico
The Human Resource and Benefits Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the Firm’s Human Resource department. Provides support in the areas of employee benefits, new hire orientation and conducts special assignments as requested.
- Processes the additions, changes, and terminations as to ADP data base, medical insurance, COBRA, life insurance and LTD (as applicable).
- Provides support services to all employees in ADP home page employee profile & passwords, time off request, and other benefits platforms or web pages.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data, bonus payments and other special compensation.
- Completes employment certifications at the request of the employee or required by a banking institution.
- Assists with new hire Onboarding orientation.
- Coordinates with the Facilities Assistant to set up equipped with basic office materials for new hires.
- Ascertains adherence with procedures for the maintenance electronic department files and personnel’s files. (SharePoint & Administrative Intranet)
- Performs internal and external office communications, emails and other miscellaneous written correspondence previously approved by the
- People and Culture Director and Firm Administrator.
- Reviews, edits and format drafts and finalized materials ensuring completeness, accuracy, compliance with policies, procedures and appropriate usage of grammar and spelling.
- Schedules and coordinates HR periodic meetings as requested.
- Coordinates office maintenance, periodic clean up procedures, special services or preventive maintenance as requested by the People and
- Culture Director and Firm Administrator, in coordination with the
- Administrative Staff reproduction.
- Assists in coordination of social events and office decoration as required.
- Processes purchases of materials, office equipment, lounges, first aid, among others, once approved by the People and Culture Director and Firm Administrator.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources.
- Proven work experience as HR Assistant (1 or 2 years of experience).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office/Windows and Microsoft Outlook. Specifically: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Superior skills in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while remaining calm and sensitive to confidential/personal nature of material.
- Must be organized, accurate and able to monitor work for quality.
Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Availability to work overtime, as authorized / needed.
Kevane Grant Thornton is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected considerations made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Applications for this position are now closed