The purpose of an estate planning is not only planning for life after your decease; it is also about planning for what happens with you and your assets if you become disabled. You should have clear objectives and goals to plan for the future. Proper and timely planning will save time, problems and money to your loved ones.
We have developed a series of six articles that explain important facts to take into consideration when dealing with estate planning in Puerto Rico.
- The basics [ 207 kb ]
- US estate taxation- impact on Puerto Rico individuals [ 136 kb ]
- Taxable estate for Puerto Rico individuals [ 132 kb ]
- Deductions and credits available to Puerto Rico individuals [ 245 kb ]
- Filing and payments of Puerto Rico estate tax [ 154 kb ]
- Puerto Rico gift tax [ 131 kb ]