Section 503 of the Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017 allows relief measures for zones and areas that were affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and María. Of particular interest was the concession of a business tax credit to employers for employee retention on disaster areas under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code of 1986. As a result, this benefit became extensive to qualified employers in Puerto Rico.
This webscast will help you understand the requirements and procedures an employeer needs to comply with in order to submit the Employee Benefit Retention Benefit and for which we can assist you with:
- determining and documenting the amount of your benefit
- when your business became “inoperable”
- when “significant operations” were resumed (80% or more test)
- applicable benefit per employee and the amount of qualified wages
- cash benefit per employee of up to $1,920, depending on net taxable income for 2017
- preparing your claim on time
You need to act now... time is of essence!
Date | Time
August 28, 2018
2:30pm to 3:30pm ET